Monday, November 12, 2012

It Review.

Conrad Gagnon
Yellows

I read the book It by Stephen King. I read the entire book, starting on September 29th and ending on November 8th, and I would rate it an eight. I would like to know what inspired Stephen King to write such strange and wonderfully disturbing books. Was it innate, or did something horrific or traumatic happen to him as a child? I wonder if Stephen King has coulrophobia, and that's why he decided to have It's default form a clown. If Stephen King has coulrophobia, then why would he write an entire book about it? Was he facing his fears, or have some kind of twisted addiction to mental masochism? I realized that the character Bill grows up to become a famous writer. Is Bill supposed to be Stephen King in the story? I think that Stephen King is a brilliantly horrifying and mysterious writer, and I love the way that he doesn't give away everything when he tells the story, he makes sure the reader always puts down the book wanting more. The image above is myself from two years ago in front of Stephen King's house in Maine. I thought that this image was relevant and worth sharing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment